Friday, February 24, 2012

The practice of Lent


To be honest, I've never been one to sacrifice something for Lent or, since I'm not Catholic, to eat fish on Fridays. Probably, for me Lent has been more about devotionals or reflection and sometimes, sadly, it has been nothing at all. This year it seems a perfect time to incorporate "practice" into the Lenten season.

So, I'm still thinking about what it will be, perhaps a journal or photo journal, perhaps a word a day.... but the thinking about it is always the beginning of a practice. Today, I am emptying to prepare for the journey.

What are you doing this Lenten season?

1 comment:

  1. So sad to say, I am not doing anything special. Although I am Catholic, I haven't given up something in years. You are right...some sort of preparation is called for.

    Good food for thought.

    ReplyDelete