Thursday, December 29, 2011

A new year- a new word

I'm welcoming a new word for 2012. Practice. It isn't the word I thought I'd choose, perhaps it found me in my desire to live life more fully (yes, I hear some of you who know me best laughing hysterically because you think I live a pretty full life as it is!). Perhaps living more fully in the sense of more authentic, finding my voice creatively, pursuing things I say I'm interested in instead of just wishing I would. I like the idea of practice rather than discipline. It has a more positive energy to it. I like the idea of identifying things I would like to practice more, physically and spiritually. So, I'm pretty excited to see where exploring practice takes me. I plan to start slowly so that my practice is enjoyable and so that I look forward to it.
It may be like my mindful year in 2010 but with more intention and less observation. 
There are some things I'd like to change about myself and some things I'd like to explore.
Maybe practice is one way to accomplish that.
Do you have a word for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment