Saturday, January 9, 2010

Learning to appreciate a slow-down day


I'm recovering from what must have been a food that disagreed with me or a very short stomach virus. We had a wonderful time at Macaroni Grill with Dave and Karen for our anniversary, played Pears (you know I love word games and my grandson will be happy to know I "beat the pants off of them"-he thinks that phrase is hilarious), and drove home in the snow. By the way, there has been snow in the air for 2 1/2 days! I was sick immediately after getting home. Felt fine before that. So, at 3:40 PM I am still sitting on the couch in pjs and have done nothing but check email, answer a call from my grandson, watched "I've Loved You So Long", and looked at the instructions for my new sewing machine. By now I'd have thought I'd have gotten so many things accomplished. Mindful of the appreciation I have for days of good health and the realization that I don't have to "DO" something everyday. Today I am just -being.
PS-the movie is very good. Things aren't always what you think, in so much of life.

1 comment:

  1. Having to learn how to use a sewing machine would most likely make me sick.

    Twice in the last few years, I've had food poisoning and now every time I eat at a restaurant, I wonder......is it going to happen again? Had a wonderful dinner out last night and I'm fine this morning.

    Get well. Stay well, please.

    ReplyDelete